Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (Soy Free)
Jason baked chocolate chip cookies last night. Not just any cookie, but his Grandma’s recipe. Jason’s Grandma is gone now, so I get a little sentimental over these. Besides the fact that they are the best chocolate chip cookie I’ve ever tasted. I’ve tasted my fair share of chocolate chip cookie creations, but this is my standard recipe. There’s nothing better than a homemade chocolate chip cookie that’s still gooey from the oven!
Soy Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Notes:
- I’ve modified Grandma’s recipe to make the chocolate chip cookies soy free. I cannot guarantee that any recommended ingredient will remain soy free. Always read the label.
- I’m sharing affiliate links for hard to find ingredients. It can be difficult to find safe and soy-free ingredients. I want you to be able to just enjoy making and eating chocolate chip cookies while on a soy free diet. I can receive a commission from affiliate links. I do not recommend any product I would not purchase myself.
- Do NOT substitute the salted organic butter. Two ingredients only (organic cream, salt). Non-salted and non-organic butter can contain traces of soy. Margarine and shortening do contain soy. I find organic salted butter at our local Giant grocery store in West Grove, Pennsylvania.
- Flour must be pure organic flour. ONE ingredient only (organic wheat). Non-organic wheat flours (or those containing vitamins and minerals) are not fully soy free. Non-organic flour contains trace chemicals from sprays on the crops and hidden preservatives. I use Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour. (affiliate link)
- Salt must be pure salt. This is to avoid the fillers and flowing agents which can contain traces of soy. ONE ingredient only (salt). I safely use Ball Pickling Salt. (affiliate link) It has a nice fine texture for baking.
- Sugar must be pure organic sugar. Non-organic sugars contain trace preservatives, chemicals, and sprays which are not totally soy free. I use Wholesome Sweeteners, Organic Cane Sugar (affiliate link) for white sugar. For brown sugar, I use Woodstock Organic Brown Sugar. (affiliate link)
- Be sure your chocolate chips are fully soy free. I use Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips. (affiliate link)
Grandma Anderson’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (Soy Free Version)
This is a fully organic and preservative-free chocolate chip cookie recipe. No soy, ever. You’re safe here. <3
P.S. You might as well just make that double batch the first time. I won’t tell.
Preheat oven: 375 degrees
1 1/3 cups organic salted butter
1 cup organic white sugar
1 cup organic brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 1/2 cups organic wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pickling salt
2/3 bag of Good Life chocolate chips
In a heavy duty mixer, combine butter, sugars, eggs, & vanilla. Mix together completely. Add dry ingredients and continue mixing until everything is combined well. Fold in chocolate chips.
Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes until light brown. Cool one minute on cookie sheet. Removing from cookie sheet to a cooling rack.
Jason’s Mom gave us this recipe in a little book when we got married. I’ve used it ever since.
Storage Instructions For Chocolate Chip Cookies
I store our cookies in an air-tight container.
Can I freeze chocolate chip cookies?
If there are any left! Yes, You can freeze chocolate chip cookies with no ill effects. In fact, my husband prefers to eat cookies while they are frozen! Weird, I know! I have to hide them way in the back under the steaks or they will be gone, gone, gone. (Uh oh! Hopefully, he doesn’t read this or I will have to find a new hiding spot!) Freeze cookies in an airtight container.
Visit me on Facebook!
I have an essential oil group that’s not only about essential oils. It’s a chat around the kitchen table, oil education and a nice hot cup of coffee with a friend. I think chocolate chip cookies fit quite nicely into that. Come join us, I’d love to meet you! Enjoy your soy free chocolate chip cookies. Grandma would have approved.