What Is A Birthday Club For My Direct Sales Business?First things first – let’s talk about what a birthday club for your direct sales business is! Your birthday club is a way for you to connect with your customers and build relationships. Show them extra love on their special day! After all – who doesn’t love a great birthday present? And if your customers are anything like me – they will remember your thoughtful gesture long after their birthday has passed. Having a birthday club is a great way to spread good will towards you and your business – all year long! Besides that- you will get the feel good glow of making your best customers feel extra happy!
Should I Have A Birthday Club For My Direct Sales Business?So should you start a birthday club for your direct sales business? In my opinion, you definitely should! Think about it like this. Why do you do anything for your customers outside of the normal business transactions? You likely have several reasons for doing so. First of all – they are your customers! You want them to feel valued and appreciated. Because they are your people! They chose you because you attracted them to you. And when you do a little something for them – you are choosing them back. Your birthday club members will feel seen and valued by you, their direct sales representative. Which is relationship building and attraction marketing 101. I love the friendships I’ve gained through my doTERRA direct sales business. And I want my customers to feel appreciated and valued on their birthday. These people matter to me and I’m thankful to have them as members of my essential oil community!
How To Track Your Birthday ClubOf course, you will want to track your birthday club. You don’t want to accidentally miss anyone’s birthday! For our Exploring Butterflies birthday club, I made a Google form where they entered their birthday information. Then from there, I converted the Google form to a spreadsheet. Once you have your client birthdays, write them into your planner. Or if you are digitally based, like I am, set up a Google calendar. Set calendar reminders you with enough time in advance to mail their birthday present. You could do your birthday club mailings once a month. Or mail them as they come up. Go with whatever works for your own direct sales business and schedule!
Direct Sales Birthday Club Ideas
- A handwritten card sent in the mail
- A special pen and notepad set
- Maybe some stickers, and a pencil with a cute topper
- Something small – such as a keychain, or a magnet
- A packet of flower seeds
- A gift card for coffee
- Mesh laundry bag (if it relates to your product – such as a direct sales clothing company)
- Hair ties are always fun!
- A little handmade soap or lotion bar
- Funky sunglasses
- Purse size tissue pack in a fun print
- Samples of your product; especially if it’s something your gift recipient hasn’t tried yet, or you know she has been eyeing in your shop.
- A small polishing cloth – especially if you sell jewelry or another product that ties into it
- A beautiful pack of assorted note cards
- An adult coloring book