doTERRA Cedarwood essential oil is great for the healthy respiratory and nervous systems. It is high in sesquiterpenes.
doTERRA Cedarwood Essential Oil For Helping Children Sleep Well
I first fell in love with Cedarwood’s calming properties when my then six-month-old had decided that nighttime was for playtime! I wasn’t interested, as you can probably imagine!
After a great deal of frustration around this topic, I turned to essential oils. We tried Lavender first because Lavender is great for babies and also known to have calming properties. However, my little boy wasn’t budging. At 3 AM, he was still up and all ready to play! Ummmph! I did a little more research and decided to try Cedarwood. The silence and cute little snore from his crib were blissful relief to this tired Mama! 😉
How To Use Cedarwood Oil For Sleep
To use Cedarwood to promote restful sleep, we diffused Cedarwood in the diffuser. Because it’s a thick oil, and because he was a baby at the time, we only used 3 drops in the diffuser instead of the normal five. You could do even less for a newborn, starting with diffusing just one drop overnight. Always leave the door open in a small room when diffusing with babies and young children, the essential oils are powerfully effective, but they are little and don’t need as much as adults. Same as with anything else! Not something to be scared or frightened over, because I use essential oils daily with my own kids (since infancy with my son, we hadn’t discovered oils yet with my daughter at that age). Essential oil safety is really about common sense. Just use fewer drops in the diffuser, dilute for topical use, and you can definitely safely use your oils with kids.
Respiratory Support With Cedarwood Oil
Cedarwood has a nice woodsy aroma, we really appreciate it! In the Spring and Fall seasons, I also personally enjoy the respiratory support benefits. What is your favorite way to use Cedarwood?
Suggested Ways To Use doTERRA Cedarwood Essential Oil
- Before exercising, massage one to two drops into your chest to maintain vitality throughout your workout.
- After a difficult day, diffuse Cedarwood to relax the mind and the body.
- During your facial routine, add one to two drops of Cedarwood to your facial toner or moisturizer for added clarifying properties.
- After noticing a fresh skin imperfection, directly apply one drop to the affected area to immediately improve the appearance.
- Place a drop on a cotton ball and place in closets, storage boxes, or other areas to keep moths at bay.
- Add to mulch or topsoil to repel insects.
- When a child wakes up scared, apply to the bottom of feet to return a peaceful feeling.
- Take internally to promote relaxation.*
- Naturally, repels insects
Join my free essential oil class group!
Would you enjoy learning more about essential oils in my online Facebook group? Come on over and click join, I would love to get to know you better!