Journal Prompts For Women
What Are Journal Prompts For Women?
When you are writing sometimes you need a topic to get you started. That’s what the journal prompts for women that I’ve typed out in the blog post will do for you. You’ll be able to pick a prompt, and free write around the topic.
I sometimes like to call these journal prompts for women “thought starters” which may be a clearer description. About ten years ago, I joined an online journaling group. Through that group, I learned about journal prompts. And I’ve enjoyed using them ever since!
Why Should Women Journal?
Writing is a wonderful way to express your feelings. As women, sometimes we feel shy to speak up for ourselves. Or we may not have someone close to talk to. I’ve always loved “talking” through writing in my journal. Journaling was even a tool I used during therapy. I could use writing to express myself when feelings and experiences were too big to talk about out loud.
Diffusing essential oils for the emotional benefit can add an additional support to your journaling practice.
How Do I Use These Journal Prompts For Women?
You don’t need to stay within a bunch of guidelines. Just write about whatever comes to mind from the journal prompt. What does the prompt make you think of, or what is the answer to the prompt? You can always elaborate to explore things a little deeper. As women, it’s really helpful to have an outlet like this. Some “me time“.
I find journaling is especially valuable in helping me to not bottle up my emotions! It can be amazing at the thoughts that come out during the free write process. Once I write about it, I can better let go of whatever happened to be bugging me. Pretty cool stuff.
How I Got Into Journaling
I discovered journaling as a child. I was a pretty shy kid, and writing offered me an outlet to express my feelings. As early as fourth grade, I kept a journal! I remember begging my Mom for it in JCPenney’s store. It was crucial to me to buy this little pink and white journal with a kitty on the front. I think I remember even crying over it! I promptly named my pink kitty journal “Chippy”, short for “Chipmunk” (Um, I was only in fourth grade, give me a break!)
From that time on, I have always turned to writing when feelings become too big. Writing has been a lifelong passion, for sure!
Journal Prompts For Women & Mothers
And now… our journal prompts!!! I’ve divided the prompts up, because some are for women, and some are for mothers. Take what suits you and don’t worry about the rest!
Women’s Journal Prompt List
- Do you ever feel tempted to splash in a big puddle right along with the kids?
- What is your silliest pet peeve?
- What three words would you use to describe your childhood?
- Name the person you’d most like to be stuck with on a desert island. Why?
- What’s the funniest thing that happened to you in the last month?
- What is your favorite family outing?
- What is your secret wish?
- Tell me a secret.
- If someone cooked a meal just for you, what would you want?
- What is your favorite quote?
- If you inherited a single room off-the-grid cabin in the woods, would you be excited or disappointed?
- If you could choose your age forever, what age would you choose, and why?
- What’s your happiest memory?
- Who was your best friend in second grade?
- If money were no object, where in the world would you choose to live?
- If it were possible, would you live on the moon?
- What bad habit do you have that you know you need to break, but don’t really want to?
- If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
- Describe your perfect sandwich.
- What was your favorite color Crayola crayon growing up?
- What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
- If you could break any world record, which one would it be?
- What is the last children’s book you read?
- If you could bring one fictional character to life, who would it be?
- What two languages would you like to be fluent in?
- Would you rather be a hobbit or an elf for 24 hours?
- What is your favorite smell?
- What’s something you always wanted to do as a child, but never got to do it?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be, and why?
Journal Prompts For Women With Children
- What’s your child’s least favorite food?
- What’s your child’s favorite color?
- What was your most embarrassing parenting moment?
- What do you like most about being a Mom?
- Do you sneak snacks when the kids aren’t looking?
- What is the one thing you would like to do with your child before they grow up?
- What’s your child’s favorite thing to do together?
- What one toy do you wish never existed?
- What is the strangest combination of foods that you’ve ever fed your kids as a meal?
- What’s the funniest thing your kids did that you cried about at the time?
- What is one thing you refuse to share with your kids?
- What’s the worst job you’ve ever had to do as a parent?
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
free 24 spring diffuser blends ebook
You’d love your home to smell amazing – but you want do that with natural products. Grab this freebie and get diffusing!
Let’s Stay In Touch!
Let’s connect on social media. I’m here to help you get doTERRA essential oil education and direct sales business tips. You’ll find me on YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook page, and my Facebook group.