25 Reasons Every Mother Needs Lavender Oil
Every mother needs lavender oil. There are many ways a mother could use one bottle of doTERRA lavender. So I made a list for you!
I’m sure I haven’t even gotten them all. Because Lavender isn’t called the multi-purpose oil without reason. But we can start with 25 reasons every mother needs lavender oil. Are you ready?
“25 Reasons Every Mother Needs Lavender Oil” contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation for affiliate links. I do not recommend products or services I would not trust or use myself!
List Of 25 Reasons Every Mother Needs Lavender Oil
- Lavender oil helps calm feelings of agitation. Apply along children’s spine when they are feeling agitated for soothing comfort. (It’s okay to apply liberally to yourself, too!)
- Soothe minor insect bites and stings with lavender essential oil. Lavender is calming to kids. It helps dry tears even as it helps soothe the minor discomfort of an insect bite. Apply topically.
- Diffuse Lavender to encourage feelings of calm concentration. Especially helpful at homework time!
- Soothe small burns with a mixture of Frankincense and Lavender essential oils. Apply gently right on the minor burn.
- Apply lavender oil topically to feet or diffuse to calm crying children. Lavender is mother’s best friend during those early years! Even safe for babies.
- Minor cuts or scrapes are benefitted by a mixture of lavender, Tea Tree, and Frankincense essential oils! First, gently clean the minor scrape or small cut. Next, apply a diluted mixture of the essential oils to the area around scrape or minor cut.
- Soothe dry skin with a mixture of coconut oil and lavender essential oil. Apply as needed.
- Feelings of sadness may be soothed by lavender essential oil. A mother may use this for herself aromatically, topically, or internally. For children, simply diffuse this beautiful oil, or blend with Cheer.
- Lavender oil is beneficial to healthy hair. Make a detangle spray for combing children’s hair. You will need a glass spray bottle (affiliate link), water, and lavender essential oil. Add Tea Tree to discourage small insects and keep hair healthy.
- Comfort the skin of little bottoms with a heavily diluted mixture of lavender oil. Dilute with coconut oil for additional skin benefits. I made a diaper soother for my own children from doTERRA Balance blend, lavender, and fractionated coconut oil with great results!
- Support tiny immune systems with lavender essential oil and frankincense. A safe and gentle alternative to stronger immune support oils.
- Soothe ear discomfort by applying diluted lavender and Tea Tree topically around the back of the ear. Never put essential oils inside of the ear.
- Nursing? Comfort sore breasts with lavender oil. Use by applying diluted lavender oil around the area of discomfort.
- Bouncing and exuberantly silly children? Calm their energy with lavender oil and vetiver! Apply topically or diffuse in the room with children.
- The properties in lavender oil are gentle, calming and soothing. Perfect for helping your little one wind down in the evening. I put a few drops of lavender in the diffuser. Or in night time baths.
- Spritz a lavender spray into the room after diaper changes. It helps clean the air of unpleasant odors. Make a little spray bottle with lavender oil and water and keep next to the changing table.
- Head tension after a long day at home with the kids? Apply lavender essential oil to your temples!
- Are your lips feeling dry? Rub a mixture of lavender and fractionated coconut oil on them!
- Feelings of stress are common for moms. Next time, grab your doTERRA Lavender! Combine with Petitgrain for an extra boost.
- No one has mastered the mood swing quite like little children. Lavender essential oil is noted for its soothing qualities during times of moodiness! If you’d like a combination oil, Melissa is wonderful.
- Lavender is a natural and safe mosquito repellent! Apply topically before heading outdoors with your kids.
- Feeling muscle tension is common for mothers. After a long day of picking up toddlers, and carrying them around, grab your lavender oil. It feels soothing applied topically to your muscles!
- Children’s skin can become red and uncomfortable after being in the summer sun. Mix together Lavender, Peppermint, and Frankincense in fractionated coconut oil. Apply topically.
- Do you have a teething baby? Here’s another way to use Lavender. Rub a mixture of siberian fir and lavender along the jawline for soothing comfort.
- Seasonal discomfort is uncomfortable for children and Moms. Diffuse lavender with lemon and peppermint. You can run an air purifier (affiliate link) in the house for additional comfort.
Buy doTERRA Lavender
Other Blog Posts About Lavender Essential Oil
Did you enjoy this post? Check out my other blog posts about Lavender essential oil. You can see why it’s a popular favorite with everyone – there are a multitude of ways to use it.
- How To Use Lavender Oil 11 Different Ways
- Ways To Use Lavender Essential Oil
- Eleven Ways I Use Lavender Oil With My Family
Join Me On Facebook!
In conclusion, I have a special invitation! As a fellow Mom, I’d love for you to join my free essential oil education group on Facebook. Mother needs lavender oil – and she needs besties to talk with. We have several mothers who are exploring the use of essential oils in everyday life. No pressure, but you can hop in to learn more!
Let’s Stay In Touch!
Let’s connect on social media. I’m here to help you get doTERRA essential oil education and direct sales business tips. You’ll find me on YouTube, Pinterest, Facebook page, my Facebook group… and Twitter!
Not local? No problem! I have team spread across the United States and into Canada and Puerto Rico. We’re always growing, and there’s a place for you in our Lavender Butterflies family.